Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Ring Dance! (Part I: Arrival)

Ring Dance was AMAZING! We're so excited that Matt is finally a senior--for many reasons, #1 being that we can get married when he graduates, of course! Ring Dance is something the cadets look forward to all through their years at the Academy, and for good reason. It's a very fancy, memorable affair with a dining-in, dance, and many formalities and traditions. For example, during dinner we had a flag ceremony, toasts (to the President of the United States, etc.), a guest speaker, and the ring christening, to name a few. There's nothing quite like it! It is really neat to be a part of and made me even more proud of my fiance and my country.

I'm going to apologize in advance for posting one million pictures in the next few days but this is how I show Matt our pictures so bear with us! You might learn a thing or two about Air Force Academy in the process. I'll just start off the posting marathon with some of the pre-dance arrival pictures :-)
There is someting about a man in uniform...
He is just SO handsome.
Our group for the weekend! Matt's 3 best friends (Anthony, Mike & Chase) and their super fun dates (Brynne, Natty & Jenna):

The fountains in the Terrazzo (our favorite place at the Academy):

And this is a quick shout-out to my incredible Mom who made my dress off of a sketch I drew for her! It's next to impossible to find a gown long enough for a tall girl with heels. I'm lucky to have a mom so talented and sweet to devote all of that time to me!

Next up: Dinner!

4 comments:

anoyce said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun, and you're dress is BEAUTIFUL! You are so gorgeous, and you guys make SUCH a cute couple! I am so excited for you both! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Sydna Graf said...

I'm excited to see your picts! Your mom did a great job on the dress and you both look so great. What a fun time to remember.

Laci said...

Ash you look beautiful I love the dress and cant believe your mom made it!! Next project for her wedding dress LOL;) And what a fun night! Something you guys will always remember

Lacey said...

I love the fountain picture, you guys are so cute together!