Monday, April 28, 2008

Graduation

My December graduation was pretty anticlimatic; I just walked out of the testing center after taking my last final, called Matt and my mom, and then did a little happy dance all the way to my car in the frigid weather. BYU only has commencement ceremonies in April and August, so I wasn't sure if I was going to bother with it, but I'm so glad I did! Somehow, it managed to officially close that chapter, and let me tell you-it was nice to finally feel like I actually did graduate. Plus we got to celebrate, which is always fun! And the BEST part of the weekend? Matt surprised me by getting special permission to come out for my graduation--made it all worth it!

At least these ugly caps are good for something...

My cute fam...

Dear DALAJ, We missed the rest of you. Love, ash & liz
Sidenote: You know the gratitude stoles that you pay $30 for that make you look smart? Yeah, Liz and I might be regretting not shelling out some cash for those. But we have way better grades than the stole wearers anyway :-).

Back to the point of the post--the celebration!

My parents took me and Matt to Magleby's (my favorite Provo restaurant) on Friday night for my graduation dinner. So delicious.
Their chocolate cake is to DIE for (my fiance is, too!)...
Matt's parents were awesome and took his entire family out for dinner that night so that Matt and I could see everyone. We went to the new Firehouse Pizza in Centerville--yum!
I like this graduating business.

6 comments:

Sharla said...

Congrats!!!

That is a big accomplishment and we are so proud of you. We know good things will always come from your hard work and dedication. You are amazing!!!

Keep up the great work and hang in there as you wait for May, 2009!! The important thing is you are enjoying the journey, and that is what makes the waiting not so bad.

Love ya, Sharla

Ryan and Kiley said...

Ash!

CONGRATS ON GRADUATING! And thats so awesome matt was able to be there for that. It is such a fabulous accomplishment and I am so glad you got to totally celebrate!! i miss you keep in touch and keep me updated on all the wedding plans... perhaps i can see you this weekend, mom is coming into town and i'm pretty sure we'll be around your place saying hi to your mom, etc.

love love you.

Angie said...

Ash congratulations! Can't wait for this day, it must feel good.
P.S. LOVE the new pic at the top. Once again you guys are so good looking it shouldn't be allowed. :) Love ya ash!

Lacey said...

Yay! I was waiting to see these pics. Congrats!

Jodie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Glad you can find other uses for your cap!! I hope all is well. Let us know next time you are out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I couldn't be there for the graduation! Thanks for taking pics so I could see. I'm proud of you for getting done so early! :) I had to fight to make sure my 4 years was done before you caught up! Just kidding! I am proud of you though! Love you!
-April